Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hope For Haiti Now _ Recap



Although I stayed home to watch the two-hour "Hope for Haiti Now" telethon, I am sure a lot of people went about their normal lives on a Saturday night, which is too bad, because if so, you missed some amazing, though somber performances. Justin Timberlake's was among the most moving, but also amazing was Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce, Bruce ... I could go on and on.
Check out my article on it.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2010868399_telethon23.html?syndication=rss

I already purchased the live CD via iTunes, which goes to Haiti relief. Check it out (and go to hopeforhaitinow.org if you still haven't made that donation!)

1 comment:

Katrina Woznicki said...

I agree! The performances were quite good and I was really moved by Jennifer Hudson's "Let it Be." It was also refreshing to see these artists more subdued on stage--all wearing black, drawing less attention to their fashion and just focusing on the music. Entertainers seem to forget that understated can go a long way.