Monday, October 27, 2008

The Jennifer Hudson Tragedy

I've interviewed Jennifer Hudson twice. The first time was just before the release of "Dreamgirls," and the last time was just a month ago, when she was releasing her self-titled, debut CD. Each time, she's been sweet, gregarious, and just a pleasure; I always thought about how proud her mother must be of her.

So it is particularly painful to learn about the triple tragedy that took the lives of her mom, her brother and her 7-year-old nephew. I can't imagine the terror that little boy went through, and I just don't know why such evil happens to anyone, especially an innocent like him.

This is a difficult story to cover. I covered it the day the story broke, and again with this story today. I wish I never had to write such a story.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/166028

No comments: